Scope is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee
At Scope, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security. We adhere strictly to the requirements of current UK Data Protection legislation and we’re also registered on the public register of data controllers (registration number Z8748114), which is looked after by the Information Commissioner.
Work With Me is a call to action from Scope and Virgin Media to other businesses with the aim of highlighting and tackling the barriers disabled people face getting into and staying in work. This forms part of a joint commitment across three years (2017 – 2020) to support one million disabled people to get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. For the purpose of this initiative, Scope will collect, use and look after information you provide when using this website or when you sign up to receive information about Work With Me.
Information we collect
For the purposes of this call to action initiative we collect:
- Name, address, email, telephone number and company name where applicable
- Questions, queries and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us email
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our content
- If you send us feedback, your message will be kept for the duration of the campaign
- If you send us your story, image or video, we will – with your permission – publish these on the website and retain the articles for the duration of the campaign. You can request to remove this information at any time. Contact email@example.com or write to Scope, Here East Press Centre, 14 East Bay Lane, E15 2GW.
- Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved content across the site, for example now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire, just so you can let us know how we’re doing.
Using your information
Any information we collect is used:
- where you have consented to this, to contact you, and to send you details of our campaign (i.e. newsletters or links to download information),
- for our legitimate interests in connection with operating the Website, in particular to improve the content and design of the website, and
- to improve and develop the services.
Disclosing your information
Here’s when we may provide information about you:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation
- for law enforcement purposes
Protecting your information
Any information sent to us is protected using robust security methods. The methods we use are industry-standard ensuring data is safeguarded whilst being sent over unprotected communications paths such as the internet. When it reaches us, we store it securely and only provide access to it by those authorised. Although we safeguard your personal information once received, Scope cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information you transmit to us using online methods before it reaches us.
Where we use external companies to collect or process data on our behalf, we carry out comprehensive checks on these companies, and put in place contracts to control how they manage they data they may collect or have access to.
We do not transfer any of your data outside of the European Union.
We will only keep your data for the duration of the campaign.
Accessing your information
You’re welcome to ask us what information we have about you, any time you like.
At any time that you wish, you can
- Gain access your personal information;
- Object to the processing of your personal information;
- Object to the use automated decision-making and profiling;
- Restrict the processing of your personal information;
- Ask for a copy of your personal data (known as data portability);
- Rectify your personal information;
- Have your personal information removed (known as Erasure or the right to be forgotten);
- Withdraw your consent to participating in the campaign;
- And lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
As part of our commitment to your data privacy, we have an appointed data protection officer. They can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at Scope, Here East Press Centre, 14 East Bay Lane, E15 2GW.
Links to and from our website
When you come to our website from another website, we may get personal information about you from the other website. Read those websites’ privacy policies if you want to know about this.